POWERFUL QUESTIONS TO ASK A REALTOR BEFORE YOU SIGN A LISTING CONTRACT
- How long have you been selling real estate?
- What is the percent of Sellers compared to Buyers that you serve?
- Can we cancel the listing if we're not happy?
- Do you have a Transaction Coordinator?
- May I see your resume or personal brochure?
- What systems do you have in place that will keep you in constant contact with me during the listing and the transaction?
- Are you fully automated with your own personal computer, fax machine, copier, mobile phone, etc.?
- May I see all the paperwork that you are going to ask me to sign?
- I want to give my property the advantage of the latest marketing strategies. How much time and money do you invest each month in professional training?
- Why are you personally motivated to sell my house?
- Why should I list with you rather than any other REALTOR who is calling on me?
- What kind of experience and training do you have in negotiations?
- How many properties do you sell in a year?
- Will you personally be there when contracts are presented and handle all the negotiations?
- Do you have a web site?
- Will you directly market the property on the Internet?
- Do you follow-up on all showings on the house and report the comments back to me?
- What part of your business is from referrals/past clients?
- Do you market with direct mailings on my property?
It's likely that you don't interview people very often. And yet, in order to find the REALTOR who is right for you, you may interview more than one. The quality of experience is dependent upon your skill at selecting the person best qualified.
The sale of your property could well be the most important financial transaction you have ever been involved with. The person you select can make it a satisfying and profitable activity. The choice of your REALTOR is up to you. It is my hope this information will assist you in making your decision.